sk6

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Beyond Forever: Chapter 1

Beyond Forever

Paul Diaz


Chapter 1: Love in the Afterlife

One gloomy day in the Kingdom of Darkness a fight was going on in the arena. Two warriors were battling it out and everyone was going crazy as they traded heavy blows.

“I should say Paul you do pack a heavy punch, and all along I thought you were just a poster boy!” said Trevor, a mean looking stone-faced warrior.

“Well I cannot say the same to you Trevor, I thought your punches were more powerful but I guess power fades with old age” says Paul as he swerves his body to avoid a vicious retaliatory punch from Trevor.

“You little bastard! I will make you pay for what you said! Stop moving and face me like a man!!” shouts Trevor as he runs after Paul.

“Damnit! What time is it? I am late! I guess Trevor I have to finish this early” says Paul as he turns around and rushes towards Trevor with all his might.

“That’s right Paul come to daddy!!” shouts Trevor as he awaits Paul as he nears. Paul suddenly slides and avoids Trevor’s mean double handed swing. As he slides past the huge warrior, he skids his body and rushed back up and waits as Trevor turns around. Trevor quickly turns around and is met by Paul’s uppercut, a direct hit to the chin send the other warrior backwards. Paul unleashes another uppercut which dazes his rival, a straight to face sends the behemoth on his knees. The crowd goes wild but they suddenly stop as Paul turns around and walks away. The arena becomes silent and Trevor starts laughing.

“What’s the matter Paul? Is that all you have? You can’t even finish me off!!!” shouts Trevor.

Paul keeps walking and waves his hands and the crowd suddenly goes into an uproar and they throw objects towards Paul.

“Oh, late for a date with that inhabitant from the other side eh! You should be glad only you can hear me, what if the crowd hears that you are constantly going to the Neutral place to meet that bitch!?”

Paul suddenly stops and takes a deep breath, he shakes his head then he keeps walking.

“Yes you coward, keep walking, go ahead meet with that whore of yours, that ugly piece of thrash from the other side!!!” shouts Trevor with his mighty voice and he starts laughing.

Paul again stops and clenches his fists, but Trevor only laughs harder and harder. Paul turns around and dashes towards the fallen warrior, everyone starts going crazy again but Paul suddenly stops in front of Trevor.

“What did you call my Jenny?!!!” shouts Paul and Trevor games raises his read and looks at Paul and say “Thrash!!!”

Paul grabs the hair of the fallen warrior and delivers several knee shots to his head. Trevor passes out but still Paul continues to pound his rival’s head with knee shouts. Paul falls on his knees and stares at Trevor, he suddenly touches his body and a dark cloud arises and covers the body of Trevor. As the cloud disappears Paul stands up and walks towards the exit. The crowd falls silent thinking that Paul has dealt Trevor a killing spell but are shocked to see Trevor stand up.

“Hey Paul! Why did you heal me?!!” shouts the rejuvenated warrior.

“Well, if you are gone then I would not have a strong opponent anymore, life would be boring!” and he exits the arena. Trevor begins to laugh again but the crowd is surely displeased with their former battle champion, objects begin to rain on him so he runs after Paul towards the exit.

“Hey Paul wait up!!!” shouts Trevor as he runs after Paul who himself is rushing towards the Neutral grounds.

“You better catch up with me old man, I am late” Paul shouts back as he runs with all his might towards their sacred meeting place.

Paul stops as he reaches the boundary; he turns around and waits for Trevor. As Trevor catches up he falls again on his knees.

“You know what, I used to run a marathon, I am probably old, I guess you were right” says Trevor as he catches his breath.

“Hey Trevor, how do I look?” Paul asks as he fixes his hair and wipes of the blood of his face.

“Hey man, I’m sorry for the things I said about your Jenny, I did not mean any of them. Well if she loves you then no matter what you look like she will like you still” says Trevor.

“Thanks Trevor, you know what suddenly I am starting to like you, well wish me luck” says Paul as he walks towards the Neutral ground.

As Paul walks deeper within the Neutral grounds his body starts to weaken, the blows he took early now are felt by his whole body. He trembles but still heads forward in search of his one and only love. He suddenly stops and is totally mesmerized by what he sees; Jenny was sitting by the pond playing with the water. She looked like an angel, so innocent and beautiful, Paul walks forwards and Jenny notices him.

“Paul!!! What took you so long?!!!” says Jenny as she rushes towards Paul and quickly embraces him.

“Jenny I am covered with blood, your dress will be stained” says Paul as he gently hugs back too.

“I don’t care, I missed you Paul, come let’s sit by the pond and let me wash your wounds” said Jenny as he pulls Paul’s hands towards the pond.

Jenny tears a piece of her dress and soaks it in water then she wipes the blood in the face of her lover. “You dark warriors are animals, you can use magic but you choose to fight with bare hands” she voices out her sentiments.

“Well that’s true, but you know people get amused more watching brutal fights, don’t worry my love I will never lose, unlike them I want to live forever, to be with you forever. So do not fear whenever I fight, it’s just for fun you know” say Paul as he gently rubs his hands against Jenny’s hair.

“I know that you are strong Paul, but I don’t like seeing you hurt, it pains me deeply, can you stop fighting for me, let the others fight, I too want to be with you forever” Jenny whispers softly as she sheds a tear.

Paul hugs her tight and kisses her on the lips; they embrace each other as their lips are intertwined. Jenny suddenly pulls Paul hard and they both fall into the pond. The two soaked wet just stare at each other and laugh. They playfully wet each other like kids and continue to hug each other in the water. After a few minutes of fun they walk towards a tall tree and suddenly Paul starts taking off his clothes.

“Paul what are you doing?” asks Jenny.

“We cant use magic here my love, we cant afford to get sick, you know that, so we have to dry our clothes” says Paul as he continues stripping.

Jenny silently turns around and starts to undress slowly. As her last piece of clothing falls to the ground she still doesn’t face Paul. Paul sits down under the tree after spreading his clothes on the sunlit grass.

“Hey Jenny would you like me to spread your clothes for you?” asks Paul.

“No thanks I can do it” Jenny answers back and after she spreads her clothes on the ground she still does not face Paul.

“Jenny is there anything wrong? Why don’t you come here and sit beside me?” asks Paul.

Jenny slowly faces Paul and she bows down her head. Paul takes a good look at her body and again he sees the awful scar in her left shoulder extending to her right abdomen.

“Oh, im sorry, I forgot about that, it seems you still cant get over what happened that day can you?” says Paul as Jenny sits beside him.

“Every time I see this scar I remember everything so clearly, I should have been the only one that died that day” Jenny whispers softly.

“Stop that! Here you go again blaming yourself, how many times have we talked about, this its not your fault, it was an accident!” Paul shouts in anger.

“I know it was an accident, but it should have been only me, you should have just let me go? You knew there was no chance of saving me but still you leapt for me, now look we both died and got separated!” Jenny shouts back.

“How the hell should should I know the afterlife existed? Well maybe we might not have been separated if I didn’t do all those bad stuff when I was alive, if I was a good guy maybe we would be together in the light” says Paul.

“How I wish, there are so many things we cannot do here together” answers Jenny.

“Yeah I know, its all because I am a bad guy, this is what bad guys deserve” Paul softly says.

Jenny suddenly leans on Paul’s shoulders and says “You were never bad to me, you were a good guy, a real gentleman, you treated me well and I loved you for that. But you tried to save my life In the end, didn’t they even consider that, that is a great act of goodness, you should be with me in the light”.

“Jenny…I didn’t try to save you that day” Paul suddenly says.

Jenny looks at Paul stunned and tears suddenly starts falling on the cheeks of Paul. “Jenny, I knew there was no chance in hell I could have saved you, I knew that. Still I jumped forward to reach you, I was afraid to be alone without you. I was selfish but I did not know what my life would have been without you. You are my first love, the woman that tamed me. The moment I met you everything changed, my life suddenly had meaning, for the first time in my life I started to dream things but those dreams you were with me. So that moment I saw it was about to happen it all came back to me in a sudden rush, without you all my dreams would crumble and I did not know what to do if you left me, that is why I jumped towards you, wishing for a miracle to happen. But here we are, still together but in a different way, I am sorry Jenny I was selfish”

“Oh Paul” says Jenny as she hugs him tightly. “I love you so much, lets not talk about it anymore. What is important we are together forever no matter how difficult the situation may be but we are together” she whispers to his ears and she seals it with a kiss on his lips.